Friday, August 8, 2008

Halting Chemo

My Doctors appointment yesterday did not go quite so well. I have new symptoms that have developed and others that have worsened. For the past week I have experienced feelings that I can only describe as electric shock whenever I move. These feelings are strongest when I have eye movement or when I'm walking, primarily when my feet touch the ground. On the worst days I also experience some minor dizziness. Memory has also been an increasing issue over the past several weeks. I have been frustrated about it but I shrugged it off as stress, my Doctor is not so convinced. She put me through the usual memory test yesterday and I didn't do so well. She has decided to stop the Chemo treatments immediately and I will undergo a three hour MRI on the morning of Aug 20 at 9:00 am, followed by a neuro-oncologist visit at 3:oo pm that same day to review the results. These exams are to see what is causing my "shock" feelings and to see if the tumor has advanced or grown.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I know we talked, but i remember you said you posted this and I wanted to let you know that I was thinking of you and that i love you! Keep us posted!!!

Anonymous said...

As always you remain in our prayers.

miliarochelle said...

You are always in our thoughts here in SF, you are very much loved and in our prayers.

Tracy and Martin