Thursday, May 13, 2010

May 11th Appointment

I had my 4 month follow up on May 11th and the results were very uplifting. The new MRI images revealed a slight diminishing of the tumor. My Doctor was quite positive of this because, according to her, the MRI "slices" were lined up exactly with the original images that she uses for comparison. This match gave her the best possible advantage to be able to make those comparisons and come to an undeniable conclusion. I am quite pleased with the outcome! She has also, at my request, prescribed a new anti-depressant for me called Effexor that a dear friend of mine is currently taking and is extremely happy with. Time will tell if it has the same effect on me.......but I'm hopeful :~). My next appointment will be in September and will include an MRI with profusion (the one that takes 3 hours). Fingers crossed that it may yield some even more encouraging results.

1 comment:

bee lee said...

Dear David... I was so sad to learn of your plight! I am a person you may remember from long ago. However, that's not really all that important considering what you're facing right now. I am contacting you to give you vital info that may help you immensely. There is a product called Moducare. If you go to moducare.com you will be able to download info to share with your family and physicians. It is a natural immunity modulator. Extremely effective! I know that most people deem the idea of this type of therapy ridiculous. I can assure you that it truly has shown promise as a fantastic possible alternative to aggressive treatments for potentially terminal ailments/conditions. I take this for medical issues that I have. If you decide that you want to order it ( really might be worth your effort ) you can find it at swansonvitamins.com for roughly $35.00 a bottle. A bottle lasts about 2 months ( 180 capsule bottle ). It is available at Whole Foods Market but they charge about $65.00 a bottle. If you decide to try it, your body needs to go though an introductory phase to it, or treatment could feel a little rough. First 3 weeks, one pill in the morning on empty stomach. Take with water or grape juice. Eat 30 minutes to an hour later. Weeks 4-6, two pills daily. One pill in the morning, follow directions above. Second pill 2 to 3 hours after "lunch", taken with water or juice, wait 30 minutes to 1 hour before eating. When you have completed this 6 week intro, follow directions on the bottle. I do wish to stress that the info from the website should be taken to or faxed to your doctor's for review (oncologist). I hope this comment reaches you before your next doctor visit(s) that are due to take place this month. I do hope this info helps you, David! I really urge you to look into this product. I know it has blood thinning effects so that is why you need to talk to the doctor and see if that will cause any kind of complications. Well, I guess that's all I really have to offer at this time. Oh, one more thing, if you still talk to Les G., tell him hello... Warmest Regards and Best Wishes, bee lee 93'.